Troop 8 has invited all of Pack 8 to a “Get to know Troop 8” event. The entire Pack is invited, along with Parents. Our goal is to get the Pack and Troop to know each other better, and show the Pack what we do as a Troop.
The date is Saturday, October 22nd, at UCC Greenawalds, rain or shine, from 10AM to 1PM. Some of the Scouts from the Troop will be making lunch for everyone (Adults included), and hopefully will get some of the Cubs to help. While that is going on, the rest of the Troop will work with the Cubs in building a gigantic Tipi, as a demonstration of the type of activities/skills that the Troop does.
If it rains, then we will move indoors and have other activities that can be done. Regardless of the weather, the Troop will cook lunch.
This is a great opportunity to learn something about what the next part of your scouting journey mighmight like. Webelos II’s are strongly encouraged to attend, as you may well be a member of Troop 8 next year!
Originally planned as a sleepover camping trip, our visit to Camp Seranova was converted into a day trip, with fishing and cooking. Several scouts completed requirements fulfilled by hiking, building fires and cooking on them, and just enjoying the scenery. Here are some of the photos captured that day:
Friday, March 18 – Sunday, March 20, Pack 8 is having a Fundraising event at Five Below, 120 Whitehall Mall. At our Tuesday, March 8 Den meetings, all scouts were given a copy of the flyer for this event to bring home. Save some money, and earn a little for Pack 8 in the process. Present the flyer at checkout, and Five Below will donate 10% of what you spend to Pack 8.
Here’s a link to a PDF file of the flyer:
Print up a whole bunch, and hand them out to your friends and neighbors; bring a pile to your place of worship or other groups. Let’s take advantage of this opportunity to make a little extra for Pack 8’s coffers!
The upcoming few weeks have some changes from our original schedule. Our online calendar has been updated to reflect these changes. Please take a look (click “Calendar” in the menu bar above this post), and notice in particular:
- Tues. Jan. 19, ONLY the BEAR den will meet at Greenawalds UCC at 6:30pm
- Wed. Jan. 20, the TIGER, WOLF, and WEBELOS 1 & 2 dens will meet at 6:30 pm, at:
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1533 Springhouse Road, Allentown, PA 18104, for a special physical fitness themed den meeting.
- While there will be no Den meeting on Tues. Feb 2 (usual for the week of a Pack meeting), we will hold a half-hour long Pinewood Derby Pre-Weigh-in at Greenawalds UCC from 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- ALL CARS FOR THE PINEWOOD DERBY must be weighed in and turned in to the Pack by the Friday Feb. 5 Official Weigh-in, which begins at 6:30 pm, and during which the track and timing equipment will be set up as well.
This gallery contains 3 photos.
It’s taken quite a while to get everything together to post these photos of recent Pack activities, BUT, HERE THEY ARE! If you have any other photos of these events you’d like us to consider posting, please send them to Neil Farrell at email@example.com.