Originally planned as a sleepover camping trip, our visit to Camp Seranova was converted into a day trip, with fishing and cooking. Several scouts completed requirements fulfilled by hiking, building fires and cooking on them, and just enjoying the scenery. Here are some of the photos captured that day:
Friday, March 18 – Sunday, March 20, Pack 8 is having a Fundraising event at Five Below, 120 Whitehall Mall. At our Tuesday, March 8 Den meetings, all scouts were given a copy of the flyer for this event to bring home. Save some money, and earn a little for Pack 8 in the process. Present the flyer at checkout, and Five Below will donate 10% of what you spend to Pack 8.
Here’s a link to a PDF file of the flyer:
Print up a whole bunch, and hand them out to your friends and neighbors; bring a pile to your place of worship or other groups. Let’s take advantage of this opportunity to make a little extra for Pack 8’s coffers!
The upcoming few weeks have some changes from our original schedule. Our online calendar has been updated to reflect these changes. Please take a look (click “Calendar” in the menu bar above this post), and notice in particular:
- Tues. Jan. 19, ONLY the BEAR den will meet at Greenawalds UCC at 6:30pm
- Wed. Jan. 20, the TIGER, WOLF, and WEBELOS 1 & 2 dens will meet at 6:30 pm, at:
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1533 Springhouse Road, Allentown, PA 18104, for a special physical fitness themed den meeting.
- While there will be no Den meeting on Tues. Feb 2 (usual for the week of a Pack meeting), we will hold a half-hour long Pinewood Derby Pre-Weigh-in at Greenawalds UCC from 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- ALL CARS FOR THE PINEWOOD DERBY must be weighed in and turned in to the Pack by the Friday Feb. 5 Official Weigh-in, which begins at 6:30 pm, and during which the track and timing equipment will be set up as well.
This gallery contains 3 photos.
It’s taken quite a while to get everything together to post these photos of recent Pack activities, BUT, HERE THEY ARE! If you have any other photos of these events you’d like us to consider posting, please send them to Neil Farrell at email@example.com.
The postponed October 10 Popcorn Show & Sell at Biaggio’s Pizzeria has been rescheduled for Friday, October 16, from 5 pm to 8 pm. The two shifts for scouts to cover are from 5-6:30 and from 6:30-8. If you’re able to come, let Packmaster Ed Rothrock know that, and which shift you can do.